Venue: De Montfort Suite, Hinckley Hub. View directions
Contact: Rebecca Owen Democratic Services Manager
Apologies and substitutions
Apologies for absence were submitted on behalf of Councillors Morrell, Nichols and Webber Jones with the following substitutions authorised in accordance with council procedure rule 10:
Councillor Bray for Councillor Webber-Jones;
Councillor Walker for Councillor Nichols.
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 27 September 2018.
It was moved by Councillor Cartwright, seconded by Councillor Hodgkins and
RESOLVED – the minutes of the meeting held on 27 September 2018 be confirmed and signed by the chairman.
Declarations of interest
To receive verbally from Members any disclosures which they are required to make in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct or in pursuance of Section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992. This is in addition to the need for such disclosure to be also given when the relevant matter is reached on the agenda.
No interests were declared.
To seek approval of the policy.
Members received a report on the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013 and related policy. In response to members’ questions, it was noted that:
· Public registers of all licenses were available on the council’s website;
· Licenses were displayed at all licensed sites;
· Over the last six years, two closure notices had been served;
· Visits to sites were undertaken in conjunction with the Licensing Officer from the police;
· If reports of unlicensed collectors were received, they would receive a visit from officers.
It was moved by Councillor Cartwright, seconded by Councillor R Allen and
RESOLVED – the Scrap Metal Dealers Policy be approved for consultation.