Application for erection of 99 dwellings
Application for residential development of 99 dwellings with associated infrastructure, vehicular accesses and areas of open space.
Notwithstanding the officer’s recommendation that permission be granted, it was moved by Councillor B Crooks and seconded by Councillor Hodgkins that permission be refused on grounds of highway safety contrary to policy DM17 of the Site Allocations and Development Management Policies DPD 2016 and development in the open countryside contrary to policy DM4 of the Site Allocations and Development Management Policies DPD 2016. Upon being put to the vote, the motion was LOST.
It was subsequently moved by Councillor Boothby, seconded by Councillor Findlay and
(i) Permission be granted subject to:
a. The conditions contained in the officer’s report;
b. The completion within six months of this resolution of a S106 agreement to secure the following obligations:
· 100% affordable housing with a split of 50 units as affordable rented and 49 units as shared ownership
· £3,170.00 for library facilities at Newbold Verdon Library
· £4,903.00 towards improving existing waste facilities at Barwell HWRC
· £50,124.98 towards healthcare provision (GP practices)
· On-site open space requirement of 356.4m2 of equipped play area with equipment to a minimum value of £64,839.85; 1663.2m2 of casual / informal play space and 8965m2 of natural green space along with maintenance costs
· £184,412.07 towards secondary school education at the Market Bosworth School
· Travel packs – 1 per dwelling (can be supplied by LCC at £52.85 per pack)
· Six month bus passes – two per dwelling (2 application forms to be included in travel packs and funded by the developer) (can be supplied by LCC at £360.00 per pass)
· Travel plan monitoring fee of £6,000
· Traffic Regulation Order cost of £7,500.
(ii) The Planning Manager be granted delegated powers to determine the final detail of planning conditions;
(iii) The Planning Manager be granted delegated powers to determine the terms of the S106 agreement including trigger points and claw back periods.