149 Planning enforcement update
To provide a verbal update on planning enforcement.
Members were provided with an update on planning enforcement including staffing, case numbers and relevant legislation.
Councillor Crooks entered the meeting at 6.32pm.
During discussion on the presentation, the following suggestions were made:
· Preparation of a guide for developers to show how they should behave
· Supporting recruitment by approaching the local police to encourage recruitment amongst police officers due to retire
· Consideration of reasons for losing staff and identification of any trends
· Working with other authorities to increase resilience
· An update be brought to the December meeting.