The general fund budget for 2023/24 was discussed and the following points were raised:
· The reduction in funding for local government
· The strain on social care which has led to unitary authorities being prioritised nationally for funding and leading to pressures elsewhere in local government
· The risk of unforeseen costs impacting the council’s financial position
· The need to review costs, secure future income from government and generate new income locally.
Councillor Webber-Jones left the meeting at 7.50pm.
During discussion on the other budget reports, reference was made to:
· Progress in relation to the crematorium
· The processes for land acquisition under the approved strategy
· The need to consider an ICT solution for members from May 2023.
RESOLVED – the reports be noted.
Councillor Lynch left the meeting at 7.55pm.